Just found a great blog posted by Ruby Rose, a ‘junker’.
A ‘junker’ (a person who expends vast resources to rescue junk (off all kinds) and repurpose into really cool stuff.
Ruby (and cohorts) travel the western U.S. in search of cast-offs- fix them, clean them, otherwise save them, and sell them in her shop (see Link). She blogs about her finds, her shop, her airstream trailer. I like it!
Recently Ruby posted a thoughtful reflection on what it means to ‘blog’, and issued a challenge: Answer 11 questions, and pass it along.
I love a challenge.
1. What six people would you invite to a dinner party if you could invite anyone?
Thomas Jefferson, Gertrude Stein, Pierce Brosnan (oh yea), John Singer Sargent, Julia Reed, and William Shakespeare.
2. When I grew up I wanted to be…
3. A perfect day would be…
I already have so many, I don’t think I can choose one kind over another.
4. My favorite movie is…
maybe, House Of Cards (1993) or Paradise (1991).
5. Favorite on-line shop, is…
sorry I don’t have one.
6. Who has been your greatest influence?
7. What advise would you give to a 16 year old girl?
It only takes 10 seconds to change your life for better or worse, so wear a watch.
8. What would surprise people about me?
I love science- research, books, experimentation, etc.
9. What five things would you take with you if your house was burning?
Besides my husband and three cats….photo’s, important papers, the flower notes my husband has written to me over 30 years (I’ve saved every one), laptop, cellphone. I can start again from there.
10. Do you blog daily, weekly, monthly? And what do you do when you lack inspiration?
I blog almost daily and, so far, have not been at a loss for inspiration- so far.
11. Do you prefer to drive or fly?
Fly- just get me there.