Two weeks ago, on my way out of town, I got a surprising email right before locking the front door.
Lovely Katia, from IAMTHEMILK, bestowed upon me the (wait for it…wait for it…)
Thank you! Thank you!
I’d like to blow kisses to my producer, and of course, all of my fellow actors…you have no idea how much this means to me…..it’s such an honor to be among the other nominees… What’s that? Oh, I’m wearing vintage Dior…oh no, I’ve never had cosmetic surgery. It’s all in the genes….this is so humbling…I hope I get to keep the diamonds.
Now, I know I am supposed to follow The Rules:
1. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. Each awarded blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
3. Each awarded blogger should answer the 11 questions given to you from the nominator.
4. Each awarded blogger should pass the award to 11 new bloggers.
5. The Nominator should create 11 new questions for each nominated new blogger to answer.
6. No tagbacks.
But, here’s the thing: I did a little checking and it turns out that this award started with 21 questions and 21 nominations, but later morphed into 11 questions and 11 nominations, and has recently even been pared down to 5 questions and 5 nominations (by some- but not Katia– she follows the rules and you should follow her if you know what’s good for you), so that’s what I’m going to do, because this bloggy thing is hard enough, and takes up a shit load of time, and I’m not complaining, but a girl’s gotta have a life, and it seems like everyone has a million followers, and 5 is a good number. I like 5. I was 5 once. Now, I’ve got two 5’s under my belt. (Ouch).
And I WANT THIS AWARD!!!
So, in the spirit of this auspicious occasion, and in good faith that no one will car bomb my site, I accept this award and give you…
5 Random Facts About Myself
1. I am madly, crazy in love with my husband of 31 years. Yes, ladies, it can happen.
2. I have met Audrey Hepburn. She liked me.
3. I love cats better then any other animal- except children.
4. I am a compulsive organizer. Give me a messy closet and a bottle of the grape and I’m in heaven.
5. I love receiving presents. I’m not ashamed of this.
Katia’s Questions to Me
1. If you could have any superhero power what would it be?
I would be invisible because I already fly- so I’ve got that one covered.
2. A favorite childhood memory?
My parents always inviting me to join in their parties. No classroom was ever so instructive- or interesting.
3. Big City or Small Town?
I love them both, just don’t DON’T put me in a suburb.
4. Bath or Shower?
Shower. Who has the time?
5. Favorite Restaurant?
Depends on the city, but here in New Orleans it’s
My Questions to My Nominees:
1. Chocolate or Vanilla?
(I’m Chocolate all over. My husband’s idea of taking a risk is ‘French’ vanilla- eee gads)
2. Day person or Night person?
(for me- nightnightnight)
3. Silver or Gold?
(They’re both fabulous)
4. Famous or Rich?
(Rich. You can buy fame- have the Kardashians taught us nothing?)
5. Jimmy Fallon or Jimmy Kimmel?
(Any SNL alum is a favorite of mine)
for the best under-appreciated blogs in the universe are:
1. deeprooted by Petra, a seriously talented photographer, writer, and stylist. And she lives in Paris!
2. Deeconstructed by Dee, a woman with a hammer and power tools. Need I say more?
3. Housekaboodle by Sue. This gal has found a niche in the house market- and the blog world!
5. driedonmilk by Stacia. Absolutely hysterical! She’s got a “shit-ton of ghetto” in her skinny white ass (her words, not mine).
Just one more quick note: I seriously (this time I mean it) want to thank all of you who stop by to visit apleasanthouse and have made this such a fun adventure.
You are all my heros.