A while back, two of my BBB’s (BestBloggingBuddies) and I were talking (well, really emailing/texting/PM’ing- no one actually ‘talks’ anymore- right?) to each other about what the spaces we work in look like, so, I thought I’d show you…
Where The Magic Happens
Where The Magic Happens
(and take you on a trip down memory lane)
~ This ‘Space’ is actually what was once a large walk-in closet with a floor to ceiling window.
(Yes, I have windows in all of my closets with butlers keeping my couture organized).
~ To the left is my filing system, a printer/fax, and a small fridge that holds wine, fresh juices and cold anti-depressants.
(’cause I never know when my pesky evil twin will need a cool one- which one? I’m not telling).
~ Around and about are an assortment of objects that have been gifted to me over the years, that include:
1. A paper mache head my daughter made of me. Nice one Bryn.
2. A large spool of thread currently holding extra knitting needles (yes,yes,yes- I do- I know- I’m a Homesteader).
3. My father’s favorite photo of my sister and me that he had blown up (which I often times wished he had done).
4. The head off of a display doll from a long ago defunct, but still fondly remembered,store from my childhood that my sister gave me as a birthday gift (because she Rocks!) and thought we should have at least one fond memory even if it was of a quadriplegic Pilgrim woman.
5. A shitload of vintage postcards that my daughter and I collected when she was little and I dragged her ass into all sorts of junk stores and needed her to get-with-the-program-so here’s-a-buck-have-at-it. She did, like always.
6. A framed art poster about The Bell Witch (which I wrote about here) and of whom I am fascinated by. True story ladies.
7. A small painting of my home state of Ohio with a very small Heart over my hometown of Chagrin Falls painted by my niece, Little Lee, for the Aunt she misses mostly and often.
8. A basket with shit I still have to file.
9. Piles of bills, and crap Ben wants me to handle because he’s a busy Master of the Universe and I but his humble servant. (What a silly man. I may have to poison his coffee one day).
10. And, I sit on a pillow from Sweden, given to me by my Swedish friend, because she is sick of my constant bitching about ass-sprawl and because Swedish women do not get ass-sprawl and she thinks this is a funny American thing. She is also, tall, blond and thin (I hate her, really).
So, there you have it…
What about yours?